This page shows how to actually put the laces into your corset. To learn how to lace yourself into your corset, please click here.
Sometimes you will need to unlace your corset entirely. It has to be done when you're washing it, replacing laces, or just ironing the ribbons. This is the method I use for lacing your corset. You can follow along with the pictured below, their numbers match the numbers in the instructions.
1. Lay your corset out, with the grommets matched up, and with the top edge pointing up.
2. Locate the waist grommets on your corset. There are two of them on each side of your corset, the grommets are closet together than the other grommets.
3. Count the grommets from the top grommet DOWN to the highest waist grommet. Come corsets will have an EVEN number, and
4. Some corsets will have an ODD number.
5. If it's an ODD number, start lacing at the top of the corset, from UNDERNEATH the corset, as shown in image #5. Lace it up going DOWN the corset using an under-over method, creating little Xs with the laces.
6. If it's an EVEN number, start lacing at the top of the corset, from UNDERNEATH the corset, as shown in image #6. Lace it up going DOWN the corset using an under-over method, creating little Xs with the laces.
7. When you get to the waist grommets, don't cross over. Instead of crossing over to the other side, put the laces through the grommet directly underneath, creating a loop at the waist on each side.
8. Once that is done, you can continue making Xs down the corset until you get to the bottom.
9. At the bottom, tie the two loose ends of the laces into a knot. 10. To tie the corset, pull the laces tight by pulling on the two loops at the waist. Once they are tightened sufficiently, and the loops are long, take one loop in each hand, and tie them in a bow at the waist.
All images trademark Jupiter Moon 3, unless otherwise noted
Website designed, programmed and maintained by Jupiter Moon 3